The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

2013. The year seems to have flown by.  I would've posted earlier but I spent most of the holidays with a chest cold.  I'm finally better and I'm glad that I didn't get the flu.  Anyway, I am so not going to make a list of things to do this year since I seem to suck at completing the list. I do hope that this year will be better than last year, though.

Well, I know the growing season has already surprised me....

This was my first attempt at a Fall/Winter garden and this morning, I thought I should check the carrots.  I really didn't think that any carrots would grow during the winter but with a little neglect, voila.... carrots!  The lettuces have been amazing!  And I didn't expect the cilantro would do so well during colder weather but they have been growing like crazy, too.  I was able to harvest one of the rapinis this morning as well.  Ever since I started this garden, I've been amazed that anything has even grown. 

Well, I'm looking forward to seed starting this month and planning my Spring garden.  Happy New Year Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment