The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dream Wardrobe: Genteel Poverty

I've always wanted a dream wardrobe.  I'm not talking about costumes but more along the lines of key pieces of clothing of quality that will hopefully last my entire life and beyond.  I like long-lasting, well-made clothing but in order to have such things, one needs money, right?  I strongly believe that a person should be able to have beautiful clothes even if he/she doesn't make a six figured income.  It makes me angry that on my limited income, I'm not supposed to have well made, nice clothes. This is why I am choosing to make my own clothes because I've had it!  I alter my clothes to fit anyway so, why not make clothes I've always wanted.  I think life is too short and I think it's time for me to get what I want!


Shoes seem to influence my style and clothing ideas a lot. I bought these oxfords thanks to a little peer pressure from my friend, Anne. Thanks, atg!


I love these shoes! I need trousers to go with these shoes! I've had this picture of sailor pant style trousers in my head ever since purchasing these shoes. Sailor pants in a caramel striped seersucker fabric!


I bought this fabric last year in anticipation of this day!!! I've always, always wanted sailor pants and I think this spring will be it! I'm hoping there will be enough of this fabric to also make a jacket I have in mind! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment