The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Kimchi Revisited

It's been about 2 weeks since making the kimchi. It's not quite ready yet, but it seems a bit salty.  For those interested in making the recipe, I might advise to not add the 1 1/2 Tbsp. of salt.  The last time I made this recipe, I used sea salt instead of kosher salt and I think the sea salt isn't as salty as kosher. Hmmm. Good to know-  never use sea salt for kimchi making!! Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. oh no, that's a bummer. i don't really understand the differences between all the salts, but this might be helpful. :)
    http://smittenkitchen.com/tips/not-all-salts-are-created-equally/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley. I would never have known that there was such a big difference in the saltiness of salt!! It's crazy. The kimchi is still edible but saltier than I would normally like it. I'll have to check it next week!!

    ReplyDelete