The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home ... For Now

This weekend has been exhausting!  The boyfriend and I moved from our current apartment to a rental home. Yay!  But once again, we decided to move all of our junk ourselves.  Now it wouldn't be so bad if I was 6 ft. tall, 200 lbs and as strong as an ox but I am not.  I'm barely 5' 3 1/4'' and on a good day, may weigh in at a whopping 105 lbs. (that is if I had a Big Mac for breakfast).  BUT I am surprisingly strong for my size and this ain't the first time I've had to move all of our junk.  Our previous abode had a killer flight of stairs that we climbed to get our junk into the apartment.  So for a couple of people nearing our 40s and actually the boy is the big 4-0. We still got some spunk. We're definitely hurting right now, I'm not going to lie, but we got it DONE SON!

So, this is the new place:
I always wanted a small house.  I would've been happy with a tiny house, but this place is small and cozy with lots of gardening potential!
This is a view of the backyard.  Unfortunately, it's not fenced in, which would've been even better, but I can work with it.  I can't wait until spring.  If not for a giant oak tree, I would probably get a lot of full sun, but there's enough that it'll work.  I've got big plans and hopefully I'll be able to pull it off.  Right now, it's prime time for bulbs and if I have time tomorrow, that's what I'll be doing!! 

2 comments: