The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Boooo...End Rot!!!

This is my third watermelon or I should say was my third watermelon.  I'm so sad.  The poor thing had to be sacrificed for the good of the rest of the crop.

The watermelon looked so pretty and perfect and then this morning I looked and found this...
END ROT!!!!

Some of my tomatoes had it earlier in the season but I haven't come across it on any of the tomatoes growing later in the season (it's been a bad tomato season for me in general). I made sure to water with an Epsom salt solution and milk when I found that the tomatoes had end rot.   I guess I'll be doing the same for the watermelons now.

I did crack open the sacrificial watermelon...
It's a beautiful pale orange inside!! The boy and I took a little taste and even though the watermelon wasn't fully matured, it tasted so good!!!!   I can't wait for the other two to finally mature!



No comments:

Post a Comment