The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post V-Day Breakfast

I had an insomniac moment and was awake literally at the crack of dawn this morning.  I think I got about 4 hours of sleep, maybe. It's not unusual. So what is a girl supposed to do?  Of course, make BREAKFAST!! My favorite meal of the day!

I made cheddar and jalapeno bread pudding with a side of bacon and cara cara orange slices (my favorite variety of navel oranges).  It was really easy! I had bought a cheddar and jalapeno boule from Trader Joe's last week. About half-way through the bread, it got pretty hard and stale, and since I hate to waste anything, making bread pudding was the perfect solution. I greased a baking dish then whipped up about 3 eggs and maybe 1/3 cup of milk together and poured it over the bread and allowed it to soak. I baked it covered for about 1/2 hour at 350 degrees F.  After 30 minutes, I uncovered and sprinkled with shredded cheese (3 cheese blend also from Trader Joe's) and baked until the top was brown (about 15 to 20 minutes).  I'm also a convert to cooking my bacon in the oven.  It produces less of a greasy mess on your stove top!  Add a very large cup of coffee and you have a scrumptious post-Valentines breakfast! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment