The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Irene's Aftermath

We lost our power Saturday afternoon.  For 5 days, we lost our electricity.  Five Days!!  It totally sucked.  The candle lit evening wasn't so bad for the first day, but after the 3rd day.... not cool.


I took some other photos while in the dark and this is what developed...
The day after Irene, I went outside to see what happened.  I personally didn't think it was all that bad during the storm, but stepping out onto our balcony....
We were pretty lucky that the whole tree didn't come crashing down on us.  The most damage we had besides this branch falling in front of the house was a bunch of leaves and twigs scattered across our balcony.  I'm so glad that I moved my plants indoors!
Now I guess we'll see what happens when Katia blows through! 



No comments:

Post a Comment