The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grass Killa + Arrival of Spring, Maybe?

This morning was beautiful!! Warm and hopefully only getting warmer, the robins were out and I saw my first bee of the season.  Is it spring??  I hope so!  After a pretty decent snow fall 2 days ago to this, 60 degree weather and SUN!!  I'm really hopeful! 

Today was the perfect day for me to go out and kill some grass!!  I generally hate grass.  I know grass feeds our wild rabbits and cows, etc., but for the most part, I would rather use my yard for raising food or flowers to feed bees and other beneficial insects than grass.  So, today I started my garden expansion.

I'm hoping to get another raised bed to place by the fence and just creating a dirt mound by our cinder block flower bed for watermelons and melons. 

Out front, the crocuses are out...

And even through the snow and freezing weather, my alliums and tulips are coming up!!
I'm looking forward to the rest of this week since it's supposed to stay in the 60s!!  So excited!  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment