The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bunny Chronicle 2013: They're Here!!

The baby bunnies are awake, frisky and taking over our yard!

A couple of days ago, I noticed the covered up burrow was open.  Peaked in and saw a little tiny baby bunny!
At first, I thought there was only one in there because the hole was so small.  But then the next evening, the mama bunny came back....

She coaxed the babies out and we discovered there were 5!! Some were hiding all around the raised bed.

The two smallest bunnies were coaxed out last.  Then something AMAZING happened..... mama bunny let us watch her nurse!

Babies EVERYWHERE!  So far, everyone is getting along.  The mama bunny did start nibbling my sugar snap pea plants but I fenced it off with simple window screening and she hasn't come back to nibble again.  I'm glad I allowed her to have her babies in my raised bed.  As weird as it is knowing that rabbits are supposed to be a garden nightmare, I'm hoping we can all get along for the rest of the season.  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment