The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Sunday, November 10, 2013

November Garden Update 2013

It's been a busy weekend.

Rescued a Woolie Bear Caterpillar....


He/she now lives in one of my half barrels that I've prepped with a layer of grass and dead leaves to compost during the winter...

My raised beds are now prepped for the winter...

I made a vent covered with tulle on either ends.  Very toasty in there!  The other raised bed doesn't look as pretty since I didn't buy the correct size plastic.  Bugs me.  I told myself that I'd leave it but I can't.  It's driving me crazy. Last year's low tunnel bugged me, too.  I vowed to create a better, aesthetically pleasing low tunnel this year.  So, I can't leave it the way it is.  Aaarrgh!


That's the ugly low tunnel on the left.  It's held together by duct tape.  Ugly!

I've also started prepping areas for the expansion!!  Yes, I am expanding the garden again.  Yes, I'm insane. Yes, I really really need a small farm because I can't stop.  I CAN'T STOP, I TELL YOU!!  In the spring, I have big plans.  I always have big plans. I'm hoping to add luffa gourds, more herbs like epazote, stevia and lemon grass, garden peas, cow peas, heirloom Italian and French cantaloupes, ice box watermelons, and tomatoes that aren't supposed to taste like a typical tomato (I'm not a big fan of eating tomatoes).  I'm sure things will change along the way, but I'm hoping 100% of our veggies will come straight from the garden next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment