The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Helloooo 2014!!

Happy New Year!!  It's 2014! This year is a no resolution year again.  As you may recall in 2013, I chose not to make resolutions because I SUCK at keeping them.  I do want to make my 2014 a year of change and moving forward with my life goals.  I ain't getting younger here! I am going to start exercising more since I will be turning the big 40 this year. 40. Sigh.

So, looking back on 2013.....

It was an interesting year....


Baby bunnies were everywhere!!! Mama bunny decided to have her 5 little ones in my 4 X 4 raised bed and I let her.

My squashes were out of control this year.

I finally learned to can this year and made concord grape jelly. 

I also learned to make soap and have become addicted to the process!  I can't stop now.  So I guess I've accomplished 2 of my homesteading goals in 2013.

The year in gardening was pretty great. Beyond the crazy squash, we ended up with a lot of rain over the summer that unfortunately ruined my melons and watermelon; a lot of watery melons and cracking.  My best producer was my Chinese Green Noodle beans.  They were amazing and tasty! I had a great production of Korean peppers.  I did find out that I don't care for square foot gardening.  I grew garlic and have decided to expand the garden yet again so I can dedicate an area solely for garlic and onions. I am hoping 2014 will be an even better gardening year. I really can't wait to start the gardening process this month. Well, Happy New Year, Everyone!  Wishing good health, creativity, and prosperity to all!

xoxo
Y





No comments:

Post a Comment