The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Sunday!

I've been thinking about what to do with the Japanese milk bread dough besides just making  a loaf.  Granted, I love the bread as a loaf itself but it's always good to make something new.  Well, the boyfriend suggested making something sweet with the dough.  I like to bake for the holidays as opposed to gifting something that can't be used up and besides having a brownie obsession, Japanese milk bread obsession, BBQ obsession- I can go on and on- I also have a cinnamon roll obsession.  I've been looking for a good homemade cinnamon roll recipe.  Every time I've tried homemade cinnamon rolls, I've been a little disappointed.  They're usually good, but the dough tends to be too bready and heavy than I would like it to be.  Anyway, so last night, I made cinnamon rolls with the Japanese milk bread dough and baked them this morning.

I have to say, I was beyond happy with the results. It was pretty time consuming to make the dough- Japanese milk bread is not a quick bread dough to make but oh so worth it. In my cinnamon sugar mix, I added toasted pecans and raisins. I made a lighter simple glaze, not that cream cheese and butter icing that you see on some cinnamon rolls- I actually hate that stuff.  I think it takes away from the flavor of the actual cinnamon roll. So, I made a couple batches to give away for Christmas.

The dough was fluffy and creamy like milk bread should be with the added goodness of cinnamon, sugar, pecans and raisins. So far, I've gotten favorable reviews from those who've had them! This may be my go-to cinnamon roll recipe from now on!
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment