The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Chorizo Tacos

I had chorizo tacos at a local eatery and they were delicious!  I love me some carnitas but I loved the flavor of the chorizo.  I thought I'd try making them at home.  It's such an easy, quick dinner.



Chorizo Tacos:

1 package of chorizo sausage (if you can, get the real stuff from a Mexican market)
1/2 onion
1 garlic clove

Flour Tortillas

Condiments:
Sour cream
Salsa
Cilantro
Guacamole
Queso Fresco
Limes (quartered)

Jalapeno peppers if you want a little extra kick!

Dice the onions and finely chop the garlic.  Cut the casings off the sausage and squeeze out into a medium hot pan.  Add the chopped onion and garlic and stir.  Mash the sausage as you stir to break up the sausage chunks.  Cook until the sausage is fully cooked and the onions look translucent.

That's it! That's all of the cooking! Now get the condiments ready.  You can warm up the tortillas in the microwave if you like.  Make sure to crumble the queso fresco...
Quarter your limes.  Limes I feel are essential. It really brings out the flavor.  The cilantro I picked fresh from my garden.
Crack open a jar of salsa, pickled jalapeno peppers or dice fresh ones, open a tub of sour cream.  You can make your own guacamole or it's even easier to just buy a tub or even cut fresh avocado slices.  I didn't have any tonight but the tacos were still delicious!
This dinner took all of 30 minutes to make and about 5 minutes to eat!!  Enjoy with a good Mexican beer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment