The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll Seedlings + Container Garden

This week has been a busy one.  I spent half of the week staying with a friend in Northern VA while working on a contract project up there.  I'm so grateful for the work and love seeing my friends there, but I missed my plants and worms. :-(  I was worried that the seedlings that had just started to sprout would die.  I put the boyfriend on plant watering duty and came back to see that they were healthy and growing!

 
Did I mention before that I planted my perilla seeds?  I actually didn't think they would germinate since my mother had no idea when she had actually collected the seeds, but they had started to grow the beginning of this week and now a couple of new ones have popped up!

Korean Perilla




Also, my container garden of radishes and lettuces have also sprouted!  Some of the lettuce seedlings I had transplanted last week eventually died and the bigger leaves kept wilting so I pruned my lettuce seedlings at the beginning of the week and I must have done the right thing because the lettuces are thriving now!
Before Pruning
After Pruning + New Lettuce Sprouts
Radish Sprouts!! Yay!
Maybe my dreams of urban homesteading could happen one day!! Now all I need are some chickens and maybe a goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment