The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Balcony Garden

The weather has been pretty wack-a-doo.  We've been having schizo weather here in the south; one day it's 80 degrees, the next day it'll drop to 50!  Well, yesterday, it was in the low 50's for most of the day until about the evening, when it finally reached the 60s. I thought it was supposed to be spring?  I couldn't take not being outside gardening and decided to plant my fledgling lettuces in larger containers anyway. I had been hardening them for about a week now and thought it would be o.k.  Well, they didn't look too good after I planted them, but this morning, I feel a little more positive!

Some of the lettuces perked up after a little rain this morning!!  I also added more lettuce seeds and put in my radish seeds in the same container yesterday.  Cross your fingers! I think next year, I'll directly sow my lettuces instead of starting them as seedlings. Not all of the seedlings grew so well.  Anyway, what I am happy about is my little succulent-like plant that I found out was a variety of stonecrop.

Here is how she started back on March 14....



Here she is today...


Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment