The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Crafty Saturday: Bottle Cap Magnets

I hate waste.  I like to re-purpose.  I really hate this throw away society.  So what do you do when your boy constantly leaves bottle caps all over the place after popping open a beer?  Bottle cap magnets!!

The boy used have a serious problem leaving bottle caps everywhere!  At first, it used to drive me crazy but then I noticed some of the caps had some pretty interesting artwork.  I decided to keep some of the more interesting ones and the boy started to shovel them into a kitchen drawer. "sigh" At least they weren't left all over the counter.
The magnets are so easy to make!  A pack of round flexible magnets from a craft store and hot glue.  That's it!  Although, I did use some felt I had around to add more depth since the magnets I bought were a little vertically challenged. Kind of like me!

Bottle caps with felt glued to the backs

Magnets glued to the backs on top of the felt

Presto! Bottle cap magnets!


Happy crafting!







2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I've been hoarding bottle caps, thinking about doing the same thing. Looking forward to more time for crafting after grad school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. I've been hoarding bottle caps for 4 years and it took all of 20 minutes to make the magnets!! Good luck with finishing up with grad school, Ashley!! I can't believe you're almost done!! :-)

    ReplyDelete