The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A BBQ Kind of Weekend

For dinner, we went to Alamo BBQ in the Churchill area.  I've always considered Buz and Ned's one of my favorite bbq spots, but I have to say, Alamo is rating pretty high right now!! I got the beef brisket sandwich and the boyfriend got the pulled pork sandwich.

beef brisket sandwich combo
pulled pork sandwich combo

The beef brisket sandwich comes topped with jalapenos and onions and of course bbq sauce.  For my combo, I got a side of coleslaw and for a drink, an Arnold Palmer!  The pulled pork is topped with coleslaw and bbq sauce. For his combo, the boyfriend got mac and cheese and a cherry aid drink.  The beef brisket was GOOOOD!  It was tender, you could taste the smoke and the sauce wasn't over powering.  The onions and jalapenos gave the sandwich that added KAPOW!  The peppers added just enough spiciness and the onions weren't overpowering at all.  The coleslaw also had a good flavor and wasn't swimming in mayo (yuck).  I had a bite of the pulled pork (o.k. I had a couple of bites).  I'm really big on Buz and Ned's pulled pork sandwiches; it reminds me of the pulled pork my neighbor used to make in the summer when I was a child.  I have to say, I'm torn now between Buz's and Alamo's!  The pulled pork sandwich at Alamo's has a fantastic smoke flavor, it's well seasoned and the bbq sauce just adds to the flavor without taking over the sandwich.  I hate when bbq is all about the sauce and the meat is the secondary flavor.  For me, the meat is first, the sauce is second. The mac and cheese side- fabulous!! And I'm not a big mac and cheese eater, but they added jalapeno bits in their mac and cheese and boy, it was a delicious, grown-up's mac and cheese! I am so going back there again!!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment