The Rants and Raves of a Foodie/Textilian/Worm Wrangler

rants. raves. & making stuff

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Post-Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a decent Thanksgiving.  Besides burning myself (it's healing fairly quickly) and wanting just one more day off, the holiday was pretty good. The turkey turned out to be pretty fabulous. I think next time, I will try brining first and then cook it using the 500 degree oven method.  Right now, my after T-day tradition is to make turkey soup. The house smells like rosemary and thyme right now!
I also had to use my one blue egg this weekend to make more Japanese milk bread. I was really holding out. It was such a pretty blue egg.  I even kept the shell. How sad is that?

My peppers are doing great and I have currently 13 red peppers drying in my kitchen.  There are 3 peppers on the plant that are starting to turn red.  It's been so warm over the past 4 days that I think all of my plants are confused.


My poor stonecrops that were ravaged by the squirrels are just starting to come back.
And my Italian basil that I've continued to grow indoors has gone crazy!  I clipped a segment of the plant and put it in water today in hopes the roots will start growing.  I really need to re-pot my basil.
I also bought my first heirloom seeds this weekend from the Seed Exchange and Baker's Creek. I can't wait for the seeds to arrive. The last time I looked on the Baker's Creek website, the winter squash and hot peppers that I was looking for were sold out.  When I looked on the website over the weekend, they were back in stock so I had to get them right then and there.  Can't wait to start planning the garden!  Happy end of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment